600 E Laburnum Ave,
Richmond, VA 23222
Friday, August 6th
1:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Saturday, August 7th
10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Awards Ceremony/Pick Up
Sunday, August 8th
- The 82nd Annual Big Game Show will feature an Eastern & Western Regionals and State Championship
- A historical category will be included for bear, deer, and turkey.
- $15 will be charged for each entry. Entrants who were VPSA members at the time of harvest will receive 3 free entries.
- Game will be scored using the VIRGINIA Scoring System and will be entered into the Official Virginia Records
- Pre-Registration is encouraged, however onsite registration may occur, entries must have DWR confirmation number or hard copy tag.
- Friday, August 6th – Entries will be accepted from 1:00 PM – 8:00 PM.
- Saturday, August 7th – Entries will be accepted from 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM. Registration closes at 3PM and no entries will be accepted late.
- Sunday, August 8th – Awards ceremony will take place at 2:00 PM; entries can be picked up directly following the awards ceremony.
|Class I||GUN - 12 POINTS & ABOVE|
|Class II||GUN - 9,10,11 POINTS|
|Class III||GUN - 7 & 8 POINTS|
|Class IV||GUN - 6 POINTS & UNDER|
|Class V||ARCHERY - 12 POINTS & ABOVE|
|Class VI||ARCHERY - 9,10,11 POINTS|
|Class VII||ARCHERY - 7 & 8 POINTS|
|Class VIII||ARCHERY - 6 POINTS & UNDER|
|Class IX||BLACK POWDER - 12 POINTS & ABOVE|
|Class X||BLACK POWDER - 9, 10 & 11 POINTS|
|Class XI||BLACK POWDER - 7 & 8 POINTS|
|Class XII||BLACK POWDER - 6 POINTS & UNDER|
|Class XIII||BLACK BEAR|
|Class XIV||WILD TURKEY|
Virginia’s East & West Regions
Past Contest Results
Each year the VPSA compiles the contest results in order to determine the placing for each class. If you would like to see an archive of our past contest, or determine how well your trophy compares to past winners, visit page below.